Monday, April 20, 2015

The Introduction


Hello everyone,
It was recently pointed out to me by Tammy www.iwantdoonemorestitch.blogspot.com that I managed to not introduce my name.  OOOPS!  minor detail in a personal blog right?  So to remedy this here is a post all about me and why I chose to blog
                                       Special thanks to Tammy for helping me out in this department : )

So let's see the pic above is me, my name is Robyn and I am a mother, wife, and lover of life.  I currently live way up in the mountains in Colorado.  It's beautiful, scenic and a perfect place for getting in some stitching.  I say it's perfect because well the internet is slow as molasses and I don't really have t.v. so I'm forced to do other things to keep me occupied.  The internet slowness also forces me to work on my patience as I attempt to load pictures or edit my blog...


                                   

Speaking of pictures - Here is my awesome family.  My 6 yr old daughter who somehow is becoming a little fashionista.  Literally she carries around a portfolio of her designs, it is full of pattern 'swatches' she made herself and fashions she designed.  All of them have at least one neon color and 3 types of glitter.  I don't own heels and rarely wear anything besides t-shirts and jeans (and yoga wear) so where this comes from I just don't know. 
My husband is amazing.  He puts up with my little bit of crazy and is the best dad around.  I won't go into to much detail on him since he's a bit more private than I am.  The important thing is, he rocks and I'm lucky to have him.

Key points about me:
We recently moved to Colorado from Texas.  Our move here was partially for my husbands career but mainly to get closer to family.  While living in Texas we were far away from the rest of the family.  the long distance, crazy work schedules and lack of effort made seeing family difficult.  While living in Texas my mom unexpectedly passed away.  I am still getting over the regret of not seeing her before she past even though I know she watches over me now.  When my husband was offered a job in Colorado we jumped at the chance since our family lives in Colorado, Arizona, California and Washington.  All of these are far closer to Colorado.. plus we are just mountain people and the mountains in Texas were lacking!
I'm sure more personal items will be shared as this blog goes forward but for now here are some fun tidbits that make me me.
1.  I was the badmitton champ in jr high and the hoolahoop champ in 3rd grade
2.  I am horrid at any 'real' sports
3.  I am a starbucks junkie.  Actually for a plain cup of coffee I prefer dunkin donughts but I don't have access to one up on the mountain.
4.  I love yoga. Love.  I practice minimum of twice a week in class and try to get in a few sessions at home when I have the time
5.  I am extremely even tempered but you can tell my mood by my playlist.  If I'm rockin to old school Korn or NIN watch out!
6.  I was a police dispatcher/supervisor at and early age.  Loved the job, hated the time it took away from the family.  I'm still looking for a job that I am as passionate about but allows me more time at home.  It's out there I know it!
7.  I love going to concerts.  Now that my daughter is getting a bit older my husband and I can get out and enjoy them easier.  My goal is to attend one concert a month.  The picture below is from my last concert. I got to see one of my all time favorite artists Justin Furstenfeld from Blue October, acoustic and in the front row.  Life Changing : ).

8.  I love records! I don't own many of them, I feel it has to be an exceptional album in order for me to devote the real estate in my tiny room for a whole record.  X-stitch is luckily a hobby that doesn't take up much space :). 
9.  I use to many :) in my writing but well I'm genuinely a happy person and if I am feeling down I believe in faking it til you make it.  This may not be healthy but it works for me.
10.  I am an extremely private person - making this blog is a way to help me open up.  The anonymity of the computer will hopefully aid in this.
11.  My favorite number is 12
12.  I love X-Stitch!!! Having this blog to document my x-stitch journey and having people out there who take the time to view it makes my day. 

To all of you who have taken the time to read this
Thank You.

Happy Stitching and keep putting one stitch in front of the other!

6 comments:

  1. Great introduction :) I'm a Colorado girl myself and I'm hoping to move back soon (like in a few months if I can find a full time position). My hubby and I are currently stuck in Florida but he graduates in 2 weeks and we're going to move back to either Colorado or California (where he's from blech) ;) It's nice to meet you :) (I also love smilies in case you couldn't figure it out LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emoticon people unite! : )
      I whole heartedly vote Colorado!!! I visit California often since my dad lives there. wonderful place to visit, not so wonderful to live. Although constant access to the ocean does have its perks!

      Delete
  2. I don't live in Colorado, but have visited many times and love it there! I love London England too but Colorado is much closer and easier to visit LOL. We are looking to move sometime in the next three years and Colorado is on the maybe list.

    Once again, it's nice to have you along for the ride as we all share our x-stitching and other life events Seeing everyone's projects is a big motivation for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh London! I have never been but it is on my bucket list, plus some of the best cross stitch comes out of England. I am so jealous of their wonderful magazines, the U.S. ones just don't hold a candle to them :/

      Delete
  3. Welcome to blogland, Robyn :-) It's so nice to meet you and learn more about you; you have a lovely family. I enjoy cross stitching, too; you can stop by my blog if you'd like. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate. Blogland I love it! I will absolutely stop by your blog, thank you for taking the time to drop me a note :)

      Delete